1. Member must be an attendee of the "Welcome to Our House" 2014 Annual Conference.
2. Only one entry per member will be accepted.
3. Entries must reflect the conference theme and relate to the
artist’s/ writer’s personal experience of success as it relates to
writing and illustrating for children. (Success can be defined in many
ways. Finished a manuscript? Submitted your portfolio to an art
director? Joined a new critique group?)
4. By entering the competition you agree that the submitted entry is
your own work and you give permission to use the work for promotional
purposes by SCBWI-AZ.
5. Illustration submissions must be mounted on a 12”x15” piece of white
Name must be printed on the back and must not
appear on the front.
6. Essays must be 500 words or less and fit on a single 8 1/2 inch by
11 inch bright white paper with ½ inch margins all around the page.
must not appear on the essay. Essay title must appear on both the essay
and on the entry form.
7. Entries must be accompanied by a signed entry form.
8. Entries must be postmarked by deadline date TBD. Use U.S. Mail Express or Fed Ex Overnight to ensure prompt delivery.
9. Winning entries will be announced at the 2014SCBWI AZ Welcome to Our House Conference.
First Place Awards
1. $35 gift certificate good for use toward registration for 2014 SCBWI-AZ conference.
2. Creators and their work will be showcased on the SCBWI-AZ website.
3. Winning work will be used to promote the SCBWI-AZ 2014 conference.
Second Place Awards
1. $25 gift certificate good for use toward registration for 2014 SCBWI-AZ conference.
2. Creators will be acknowledged on the SCBWI-AZ website.